Home » Write a book »
Do you ever need a helping hand? Then working with a writing buddy may be something for you.
You work together on your own books. If you see someone work, this is often an incentive to shift up a gear. Make writing appointments and stick to them.
Finding a writing buddy
Where to look? Online you’ll find forums specifically for finding a mate. There you can share your data:
- Genre that you write
- Possibly some of your publications (no problem if you do not have any)
- List some qualities you seek in a writing buddy
What type of writing buddy do you need?
Find someone who has experience with the genre in which you write. So you can learn a lot from each other. He / she will complement your shortfalls.
How does this work?
- Make a chart with data to work together. Make appointments at home, in the library, possibly at a café, in the park, …
- Do you live far from each other? Or you don’t always have time to see each other? Then send your texts to your writing buddy.
- Read and correct each other’s texts.
- Are you stuck? Your buddy might help you back on track.
- Give each other tips for new twists, plots and characters.
On to the next step: Sources used in writing your book