Home » Write a book »
Create a PDF from a Word-document
When creating a new book, your content needs to be uploaded as a PDF.
Have you made your content in Word?
Here are our a few solutions to convert your Word-document into a PDF.
First of all we would like to give you this advice:.
Always double check if the conversion to PDF was done correctly:
If the font is embedded and if images and text haven’t changed.
1. Microsoft word
Microsoft word 2013
1. Click File > Export > Create PDF/XPS.
2. Choose where you want to save the PDF file.
Tip: To avoid including information you don’t want to share, click Options. Then click Document and uncheck the Document properties box. PDF options
Please check these 2 options
- 1.ISO 19005-1: This option outputs the PDF document using the PDF/A standard, which is an archiving standard. The PDF/A standard preserves the document so it will look the same when it’s opened in the future.
- Bitmap text when fonts may not be embedded. This is important when you want your PDF to have the same font as your word-document. If fonts can’t be embedded into the document, the PDF uses bitmap images of the text so the PDF looks the same as the original document. If this option isn’t checked and the file uses a font that can’t be embedded, then the PDF reader might substitute another font. Set any other options you want and click OK.
3. Click Publish.
Microsoft word 2010
- Click the File tab.
- Click Save As.
- In the File Name box, enter the name of the file, if you haven’t already.
- In the Save as type list, click PDF (*.PDF).
click Standard: If you’re going to print the document and it needs to be of a high quality (publishing online and printing).
- Click Save
Microsoft word 2007
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , point to the arrow next to Save As, and then click PDF or XPS.
- In the File Name list, type or select a name for the document.
- In the Save as type list, click PDF.
- Next to Optimize for: click Standard (this is for publishing online and printing).
- Click Publish
2. PDF converter online
- Go to: http://www.PDFonline.com/convert-PDF/
- Click ‘Upload a File to Convert…’
- Choose the Word-document you want to convert to PDF.
- Click ‘Do not make my document public I just want to download the PDF file’
- Click ‘Continue’ Now wait a few seconds, your file is being converted.
- Click ‘Download’ (see upper left corner)
- Download options -> Download PDF file
- The file opens and you can save it as a PDF
Download Adobe acrobat reader here for free: http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html